Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Observations through my window

 Some quick drawings done recently with the aid of my telescope just looking out of my window.There was a huge flock of Fieldfare thrushes feeding on the berries but suddently they all gone. A female sparrowhawk landed on a Pine tree nearby and stayed for a while until it was discovered and chased away by the crows.. Also a  wood pigeon which was sitting on the top of tree and stayed there for at least 15 minutes. Wood pigeon are the biggest wild pigeons in Europe and though a common in many Western european cities, it was uncommon in Munich until 2009. They are everywhere now but still not as common as in the norhwest , and they are very shy 




 







 

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Bird head sketches

Since the most if not all of us are forced to live in a self-isolation, and don`t have the possibility to go outdoors to sketch from life which I`m missing most, I decided to start drawing from my own videos. Every time I was travelling , I was taking a lot of footage mainly of birds. Attached in this case, songbird heads based on video I took while in Greece back in 2012. Fineliners

Siberian eagle owl study

A siberian eagle owl study done on location in Munich zoo today morning... Siberian eagle owl, Bubo bubo sibiricus