Direkt zum Hauptbereich

Levant sparrowhawk studies-video based

The levant sparrowhawk a migrant raptor to south eastern Europe, one of the most handsome to me.
 Though it is quite common, there is very little known about his distribution and biology.
Thanks to a friend of mine wo was able to get some video of this bird,(of poor quality but containg enough visual informations )I managed to create a series of  studies of both sexes.
It seems that except of bird guide illustrations, there are no other painted images of this species to be found.
I did  also several small paintings based on these studies during the last years, and hope to make more in the future.
Attached , b/w studies based on video footage, and more images will follow soon..












Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Siberian eagle owl study

A siberian eagle owl study done on location in Munich zoo today morning... Siberian eagle owl, Bubo bubo sibiricus

Bird head sketches

Since the most if not all of us are forced to live in a self-isolation, and don`t have the possibility to go outdoors to sketch from life which I`m missing most, I decided to start drawing from my own videos. Every time I was travelling , I was taking a lot of footage mainly of birds. Attached in this case, songbird heads based on video I took while in Greece back in 2012. Fineliners